The approval is given to the Telecom equipment that will be interfaced with the Public Switched Network in India as per the TEC standards and specifications. Type Approval certificate is a technical compliance certificate to the GR for the specific category of equipment. The in-country testing is mandatory for granting the Type Approval certificate after meeting the documentation requirement and the eligibility criteria for the applicant.
Standards and Specifications
· Fixed Line Access (FLA)
· Information Technology (I)
· Switching (S)
· Radio (R)
· Transmission (T)
· Network (N)
· Mobile (M)
Who is eligible?
· Indigenous production of the equipment with any level of production - CKD or SKD.
· Traders (Fully Indian owned companies) importing the product from Foreign manufacturers / sources.
· Traders (Companies with foreign equity who import and sell the product in India).
· Foreign companies having their wholly owned establishments in India for trading activities.
· Branch office of a foreign manufactured product having permission from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for import and sell of their Principals products
Check List for Interface Approval
Documents to be submitted:
1. Forwarding letter (Sample).
2. Template Form 'A'.
3. Compliance Report as per TEC "IR" & TSTP (Sample).
4. Industrial License/SSI Registration /Certificate of Incorporation / RBI Permission to open Branch Office, FIPB clearance as applicable etc.
5. Foreign collaboration copy (if applicable).
6. System specifications containing features and capabilities of the equipment put for approval.
7. User's Operating Manual.
8. Software and hardware installation guides. Systems support and maintenance guide.
9. An Affidavit, attested by Notary Public for each model put for approval.
10. Infrastructure Assessment Form for the product offered by the Manufacturer to the first time & Infrastructure Assessment shall be carried out for only Indian Manufacturers only.
11. In case of traders, authorization letter from the manufacturer appointing him as trader for the product indicating the period of validity if fixed or open ended. MOU also required to be submitted if available.
12. In case of trader/Branch Office declaration that he has Test and Repair facility for the product.
13. EMC and EMI test results and test certificates from authorized accredited lab as per TEC IR, if applicable.
14. Availability of Test Instruments and calibration certificates of those instruments need to be submitted to TEC.
15. Each Page of the documents to be submitted should be stamped and signed by the authorized signatory.
VINCULAR Testing Labs India Pvt Ltd
3rd Floor, BBMP Khata No. 2635/01,
27th Main, HSR Layout, Sector -1,
Bangalore – 560102
# Vincular Testing Labs India Pvt Ltd,
E 43/1, Okhla Phase II,
New Delhi - 110020
iKeva, Level 2, Agnitio Park,
Near Perungudi, OMR,
Chennai – 600096
Email us at email@example.com
Call us on