Any IT and Telecom equipment interfacing with the Public Switched Network in India will have to go for an Interface Approval as per the TEC (Telecom Engineering Center) standards and specifications (this will be a hyperlink). The Interface approval is given to a working system meeting the specific standard for an interface from TEC. The in-country testing is mandated for the for the purpose of Interface Approval so you have to submit product samples for to complete the testing. There is an eligibility criteria (Hyperlink) for who can seek Interface Approval in India.
Interface approval is not an approval that can be used for trading and also in no way gives you a permission to import the equipment into India. The separate licenses should be procured for trading and import.
Standards and Specifications
· Fixed Line Access (FLA)
· Information Technology (I)
· Switching (S)
· Radio (R)
· Transmission (T)
· Network (N)
· Mobile (M)
Who is eligible to apply for Interface approval
· An Indian manufacturer.
· Authorized Trader/Dealer of foreign equipment.
· Licensed service operator of a foreign telecom equipment manufacturer.
· Local office of a foreign telecom equipment manufacturer.
· Branch office of a foreign manufactured product having permission from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for import and sell of their Principals products.
Check List for Interface Approval
Documents to be submitted:
1. Forwarding letter (Sample).
2. Template Form 'A'.
3. Compliance Report as per TEC "IR" & TSTP (Sample).
4. Industrial License/SSI Registration /Certificate of Incorporation / RBI Permission to open Branch Office, FIPB clearance as applicable etc.
5. Foreign collaboration copy (if applicable).
6. System specifications containing features and capabilities of the equipment put for approval.
7. User's Operating Manual.
8. Software and hardware installation guides. Systems support and maintenance guide.
9. An Affidavit, attested by Notary Public for each model put for approval.
10. Infrastructure Assessment Form for the product offered by the Manufacturer to the first time & Infrastructure Assessment shall be carried out for only Indian Manufacturers only.
11. In case of traders, authorization letter from the manufacturer appointing him as trader for the product indicating the period of validity if fixed or open ended. MOU also required to be submitted if available.
12. In case of trader/Branch Office declaration that he has Test and Repair facility for the product.
13. EMC and EMI test results and test certificates from authorized accredited lab as per TEC IR, if applicable.
14. Availability of Test Instruments and calibration certificates of those instruments need to be submitted to TEC.
15. Each Page of the documents to be submitted should be stamped and signed by the authorized signatory.
VINCULAR Testing Labs India Pvt Ltd
3rd Floor, BBMP Khata No. 2635/01,
27th Main, HSR Layout, Sector -1,
Bangalore – 560102
# Vincular Testing Labs India Pvt Ltd,
E 43/1, Okhla Phase II,
New Delhi - 110020
iKeva, Level 2, Agnitio Park,
Near Perungudi, OMR,
Chennai – 600096