- Applicable to both foreign and domestic manufacturers.
- The unique registration number is granted in a combination of factory, brand and product category.
- Registration is valid for 2 years and can be further renewed up to 2-5 years.
- In-country testing of goods is mandatory in BIS recognized labs.
- Provision to make series grouping of the same family of products.
- Retesting of product is possible with minor changes in the version of product.
- Random market surveillance to ensure quality of tested goods.
Safety means protecting ourselves from any danger that may hurt us or endanger to our lives. Unsafe practice is a great peril to both life and property. Therefore, BIS is here to assure the safety of your goods. Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the National Standard Body has been ceaselessly promoting and nurturing standards movement within the country since 1947. BIS Certification is the mark of safety, quality and reliability to the consumers. Considering the public health and safety, the government of India has made BIS certification mandatory for certain electronic items and its compulsory to carry the BIS standard mark on the said articles.
Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS)
It has been introduced by the ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY) in the year 2012, where 56 electronics & IT goods are required to be tested and approved by BIS for the purpose of safety & quality. Additionally, Ministry of New & Renewal Energy (MNRE) has also notified 5 products under Solar Photovoltaics, Systems, Devices and Components Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2017 dated 05 September 2017.
- Domestic as well as foreign manufacturers (who is actually manufacturing the goods) of any of the notified product.
- Existing manufacturers procuring for a new brand.
- Existing manufacturers producing notified goods from a new location.
- Existing manufacturers producing a new goods, other than; for which they had already obtained the license.
The Process of Registration
Relevance of AIR or Local Representative (Authorized Indian Representative)
AIR service is primarily for the legal representation of the factory with BIS. The AIR is expected to be present at BIS if there are any deficiencies in terms of compliance which can be identified during market surveillance or imports. If the AIR is not present for answering the BIS queries, then BIS will cancel the registration.
In BIS Act 2016, there is a provision of Compensation for non-conforming goods where a holder of licence or certificate of conformity or his Indian representative has sold any goods, article, process, system or service, which bears a Standard Mark not confirming to standard shall be liable to compensate the consumer for the injury cause.
We represented more than 100 manufactures in India to act as an AIR and can certainly extended the services for you as well.
How VINCULAR can help you in BIS Registration?
Having a technical and regulatory expertise in this domain, VINCULAR offer assistance in product testing and understanding the regulation. Our consultation helps industry to comply with the Indian safety regulatory requirement, thereby making the product safe for Indian consumers and maintain a hazzle free launch in market.
VINCULAR is trusted partners for leading brands and help them successfully complete 3500 project in this financial year 2019-20. We provide you end to end solution for BIS mandatory registration of Electronic, IT and solar products covered in this regulation.